I feel like mama bear when I eat this tasty porridge. I add cocoa and honey which makes the oats chocolatey and the almond shmylk gives it a warm nutty flavour.
How to make//
3/4 cup rolled oats
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup chocolate almond shmylk
1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
2 tsp honey/maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt and cinnamon
1 banana roundly cut
1. Bring oats, water and salt and cinnamon to a boil and reduce to a gentle simmer
2. Add shmylk and stir till the oats are cooked and thickened for 6 minutes
3. Remove from heat and mix cocoa powder, vanilla and honey or syrup and 1/4 mashed banana.
4. On another pan, add 1 tsp oil and sauté the cut banana till brown on both sides
5. Top it up with caramelised banana slices and sprinkle some more cinnamon